Essay tips for beginners
There are a few suggestions for beginner essays or the rules for writing essays:
1. Remember the subject and the whole purpose of the essay. Your text should correspond to the title and the topic you are writing about. Do not “smear the nozzles on the tree” unless your idea requires it. Excessive detailed descriptions, even artistic, can serve you as a bad service.
2. Refine and observe the approximate amount of work done by a teacher or employer. Do not think that your zeal will be appreciated if you write two volumes on “How I came to a doctor’s profession” or “What does higher education mean for me?”
3. Divide the text into paragraphs, dilute the subheadings, if necessary, using the visual formatting tools. The time to read the canvas of the text was already in the century before. Your ability to keep an opinion in a paragraph on an entire page is not interested in anyone – this paragraph simply does not read. Make your text handy for the reader. Even if this reader is the only one.
4. To do without a long introduction. You are writing for a reader (probably only the one who put you the subject for an essay). No need to talk about the urgency of the problem, the importance of its solution for a modern person, do not need to list the goals and objectives of the essay, as you did in the abstract or course.
5. Your text should have a structure. Though some. The introduction and conclusion should be the default, even if they are one or two lines. It is important to structure and the main part. Determine where you put the problem where you argue or describe it. The problem and its argumentation must be in one form or another. You can formulate the problem both in the introduction and in the end.
6. Avoid water. Sometimes water is “technical” and semantic. “Technical water” is called all the words of the parasite, a large number of input phrases and words – in short, all that makes the text difficult to read.
7. Do not write by hand. Of course, there is everything. You may be asked to put a small essay on interview or during a bet. In such a situation, there is nowhere to go – we have to take a clean sheet of paper and work out calligraphy. If you can write an essay at home, do not give up the handwritten text.
8. Use the graphic editor and spelling check. Word is a friend of any student. Make indents, highlight headers, put the line spacing that will make the text readable. Make sure your essay is good to read. Well, pay attention to spell checking and punctuation.